Thursday, January 2, 2014

As I sat here reflecting on our (mostly) vegan New Year's dinner and contemplating my vegan lunch, I decided to start a blog about it.

Audrey doesn't blog, and to be quite frank, neither do I. But I'm going to make an effort to chronicle our project, so all y'all naysayers can see that it is possible, and it works.

I'm going to the doc next week to have a physical. I've been 80% vegan for about 3 months now, so my numbers are probably already very good - but they'll be officially documented soon. That will give us a bit of a baseline.

So, these vegan meals I've mentioned already? The two concessions we made for tradition's sake yesterday were three (scrambled) eggs split between 5 people, and .75 pounds of bacon for 6 people (Audrey didn't eat any). I made 100% vegan pancakes, with a sautéed apple topping (apples, cinnamon, sugar, and 100% pure maple syrup) and my signature home fries (potatoes & onions pan fried in peanut oil, topped with fresh minced garlic).

Last night's dinner was vegan enchiladas - one pan was bean enchilada, the other was potato and spinach. With this, we had a black-eyed-pea salsa that Stacey made, and various forms of organic tortilla chips from Central Market, including a sweet-potato tortilla chip that was....different, but yummy, and home-made guacamole (avocado, salt, garlic powder, cilantro, and lemon juice).

Today for lunch, I'm eating an interesting leftover chili, made with red lentils and walnuts. I like it a LOT more than the regular veggie chili we make, but the kids like the other one.

No comments:

Post a Comment